Rad Mittenwald


So 'rad' means bike in German, so this post i about riding/biking in Mittenwald, Germany. I was very organised before I went out riding and got myself a trail map from the Tourist Information Centre in Mittenwald, however all of the instruction were in German! Luckily I know 'rad', what else could i possibly need to know?!?


So, i decided that i wanted to go for a ride here:



I pretty much got all the way there but it got really steep so i stopped at a tea haus instead:


I was told by the guy at the bike shop that when riding a hat is an 'Austrain helmet', so here I am with mine:

Add Image

And here is my bike:


I ended up doing about 40km in the first half of that day, then stopped for lunch - a banana (only 2 Euros per kg!) and a 'Ja!' sausage:


It's a very different experience riding in Germany - the whole place is set up for it, the only downside is that i could not seem to find any single track. On the other hand the rides are much longer and far more scenic, so it was good for a change!

Here are a few more random pics:




Comments