Redesdale MTB

So i was cruising down the freeway with my bike on the back of the car, some great tunes on and my android Google Maps turn-by-turn navigation guiding me to Redesdale, when i heard a 'bang'! Not a great start to the day - my bike had swung around on the rack and the tyre was pressed against my car exhaust and the heat had burnt right through! (see below).


Luckily Bruce has about 6 bikes, so i borrowed a tyre and we were off to Redesdale.

We ended up going up a 4WD track until we found the MTB track, however using the Google Map below it should be easy enough to get to the track from a 2WD road:

The track is a loop of about 19km, consisting of 85% singletrack, the rest being fire trail.  There were a few climbs and sweeping descents (see video), a few jumps and lots of rocks!  For a better idea of teh track gradient, check out my RunKeeper log:
http://runkeeper.com/user/justinwark/activity/66300990


Yes, it is lame, but it gives you an idea of what kind of terrain is out there:
I ran over a Shingleback lizard (by mistake) who was sitting in the middle of the track when i came around a sharp corner.  Here is a funny video of us trying to move it off the track so didn't get run over again:


Comments